Saturday, May 5, 2012

Day 35 (!)...Alive and Kickin'

I'm still here!  Have not given up!!!

It has been a crazy couple of weeks.  I was in San Diego with Renee and came home a few days early because my Dad is not doing well.  Just a little bit more tired every day.  He also had a mini stroke (TIA for those of you in the biz).  No residual effects from that...just fatigues very quickly.  So I have neglected my blog!

Some statistics:  First month wt loss:  8 pounds

Struggling with desire for sugar when things get emotionally tough.  I realized the other day that the last thing I am is draconian about anything so perhaps I could ease up on myself just a bit.  One doughnut (that damn magnet at dunkin doughnuts) did not lead to a dozen.  And because I am not nearly evolved as I would like to be, the doughnut helped.  Not for long.  But for a few moments I felt calmer and happier.  I know the goal is to get that feeling from exercising, meditating and breathing.  I will not stop working towards that goal.  Baby steps.

My eye is on the prize of finishing the sprint (Patrick insists I clarify it is the sprint distance, lest anyone get the idea I was competing in the full distance) triathlon, introducing everyone to Patrick, his journey and mine and raising a ton of money for him.

3 comments:

  1. EXCELLENT! Perhaps there's money to be made in your shedding pounds, as well? I'll now go look up triathalon...kinda hoping it might be a biathalon, but...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry we missed seeing each other when you were here.
    You are a good daughter.
    Love You.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be praying for you and the family. I hope your dad is in a place of comfort. Let me know if I can be of any help.

    Eat the doughnuts. Stop worrying before you give yourself a stroke thinking about them...lol. This is 2011 thick is the style. So don't say your fat say I'm Thick!!!

    ReplyDelete