Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Day 3...a family affair

Totally cheating this morning by posting yesterday now, and today, later today.  No one has ever accused me or my life as being linear!

This morning I woke up to this quote in my Daily Om:

A moment of choice
We can choose to start over in this very moment, there is no need to wait for a new year, a new month or or a new week.


I don't know how the Daily Om people do it, but they always seem to know what I need every morning.

I have another blog that follows the journey of me moving back to Chicago from San Diego to help care of my parents.  That blog involves a lot more cursing, though this one is still in its infancy.  Something tells me that the combination of no sugar and exercise will bring out my, as my niece Annie would say, "inappropriate" vocabulary.  Anyway, for those of you who may not know, two and a half years ago I moved back here to pitch in with my brother and sister to help my folks.  My mom has Alzheimers and my dad has advanced heart disease.  They are a riot...in every meaning of the word!

At my brother's house.  The golden is his dog Benny, who loves my Dad because he always spills food on the floor.  He will not leave my dad's side at the dinner table.
So Day 3 included them in my workout.  Take a look.

For those of you who know my Dad, don't be alarmed.  He only uses a wheelchair for long distances.
So picture this: I'm pushing my Dad.  My mom is following on her giant tricycle with my sister's dog, Murphy, in the basket.  It was sunny and I was getting warm so I had my VERY bright pink sweater wrapped around my waist.  My ass looked like a neon stop sign.  Safety first!

The walk was not brisk, but it was 30 minutes and I'm taking extra points for the upper body workout pushing my Dad.

Off now to meet with my trainer. Met with my nutrition coach yesterday.  More later!

2 comments: