Thursday, August 23, 2012

Day 128 PLATINUM!!!

Just in case,  at 53 years old,  250+ pounds and wearing a black/hot pink tri suit, I would NOT stand out in the crowd, I decided to color my hair PLATINUM!!!!  And I LOVE it!!!

Here's how it started.  I was paging through IN STYLE magazine because I am always, well, IN STYLE and came across this gorgeous picture of Gwen Stephani advertising for L'OREAL hair color.  And because it was an advertisement for L'OREAL, it even gave the color number!   No standing in the aisle at Walgreens holding up a lock of my already very short hair to a box of hair color, then running to the make up department to find a mirror and see if it matches.  I had the Gwen Stephanie color LB01 Extra Light Ash Blonde Les Blondissimes in my hot little hands.

I was over at my brother's house after Walgreens and excitedly told my nieces Kelley and Annie my plan.

"NO"!!!! they shouted in unison.

"Wait! What? Are you going to do it yourself"?

"Why wouldn't you go somewhere and have it done"????

Um, because it costs a lot of money?

"Its Gwen Stephanie's color!  Its beautiful"! I enthusiastically, and apparently naively, replied.

Kelley, the youngest at 13, responds, cocking her head ever so slightly and saying with just a tiny bit of pity, "Are you Gwen Stephanie"?

Anyway, with texting consultation from my hair stylist, Alyson Maginot, I persevered and it turned out great!

Four more days and its here!!! I am so nervous/ excited/scared/nervous/excited/scared! My biggest worry is that there is a time limit that I am not aware of.

Interestingly/ironically, Good Morning America this week has been all about the journey, not the destination.  So, as I've said before, in the event I inhale half of Lake Michigan, the journey has been more than worth it.  But it sure would be great to reach the destination.

Patrick update.  Patrick is at Kennedy Kreiger Institute in Baltimore, Maryland.  They heard of his case out there and they have a fantastic, cutting edge, pediatric neurology center.  We've been hoping he would be accepted there for sometime and as of last Friday at 6pm, it did not look like it would happen. Then, 10:00 this Monday morning, insurance approval came through and he was off!  The center uses many of the same techniques/theories that Greg and Next Steps uses.  If they do all they think they can do, it could be beyond amazing for Patrick.  Keep up the good thoughts and energy for him!!


Goodbye smooch just before they pulled out in the Cherry Red Van

BUT, I miss him.  It was so weird to sit in his room after they pulled out of the driveway.  So quiet.  And he won't be there on Sunday.  But he can follow me on an app and we will skype when I get home.

No matter where that kid is, he is in my heart and is my inspiration!

1 comment:

  1. Love it, and LOVE the hair, Gwen! I'll be thinking of you on Sunday and cheering you on from afar. And what AMAZING news about Patrick! xo

    ReplyDelete